I heard a thing…

Dec. 14, 2023, 12:44 p.m.

Posted by: DanL

Chatting to the guy at the gate who was flagging, it's for the new gondola and sewage upgrades.
I got caught in a traffic jam on the first switchback of 4 trucks going down meeting 2 trucks going up. It's surprising the road isn't more chewed up.

I bet. I had taken the climbing trail, so only have to get from there to 7th, and it was tough going, having to get off into the rhubarb every couple minutes for trucks to get by. Must be a pain for the truckers as well. I imagine they were trying to get as much up there before the snow flies/flew.

Dec. 16, 2023, 4:08 p.m.

There's a huge new building going in judging by the freshly poured concrete foundations I saw a few weeks ago when I road my gravel bike up to the top. I presume it's the new gondola station. 

Flying down Mountain Highway in the dark on my gravel bike with a little handlebar mounted front light was, er, interesting when the road suddenly become two long truck ruts though I'm surprised that most of the road was in pretty good shape.

Dec. 16, 2023, 4:59 p.m.

Posted by: mrock

When I was a teenager growing up in Burnaby, I would shuttle Burnaby Mountain trails using the bus. Cheapest 1.5 hour lift ticket around.

Ha. I'm retired and I do that now.

a modern public transporting system like this

In this town those bikes would stolen by the time you reached your dest.

Dec. 19, 2023, 9:38 a.m.

Posted by: tungsten
In this town those bikes would stolen by the time you reached your dest.

That's why I'm pushing for the severance of hands of convicted thieves.

Dec. 20, 2023, 11:45 a.m.

Hi guys, 

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the recent Natural Areas Trail Plan council workshop. Here is a try at attaching the link: https://app.dnv.org/council/default.aspx?filename=20231212CW&type=MP4&start=1 

Seems like most councilors are attempting to point to other land managers lack of action as a reason for the DNV not to do more... Will this meeting impact staff actions/progress?

It also seemed like the strategy focused on the need for easy trails (which I agree we need more), with no identification of an increase in advanced or technical trails.

March 31, 2024, 10:49 p.m.

Yes it is possible they are giving birth to an amazing idea which started almost 10 years ago, a bike park on top of grouse mountain.

All the previous management were not so “ reliable “and grouse heads were not ready, just a lot of waste of time 

It will be very expensive though….

March 31, 2024, 10:52 p.m.

It didn’t because the heads said” we already make money here between birds, loggers show and tram passes” maybe today they realized they replay need a bike park after seeing the numbers from whistler every year..

March 31, 2024, 10:53 p.m.

That trail could be hard it all depends on speed… :)

March 31, 2024, 10:55 p.m.

She was a pioneer on riding with no knee pads, apparently very popular on the North shore, isn’t??